Saturday, April 6, 2013

Fathers and Finances (Mar 18-22)

What caught my attention the most this week was when we covered Dennis Prager’s article “Does a Full-Time Homemaker Swap Her Mind for a Mop?” I feel this concept is ridiculous.  In this day and age I would go as far to say those women who are homemakers tend to be more informed then their husbands.  I don’t see how men who are spending a majority of their time at work could keep up with a woman who is constantly watching the news or listening to news radios.  There is a lot more that could be said on this topic but I’d rather not ramble on.  This week we also went over methods for a family to be successful with their finances.  I’ll cover the two things that stood out to me the most.  I feel that the number one thing when it comes to finances is paying a full and honest tithe.  The Lord blesses us when we do this and those blessings come in handy on rainy days.  The other concept we went over is teaching ourselves self-restraint.  If we can control our urges for worldly things we’ll ultimately spend less money.

No comments:

Post a Comment